Thursday, October 4, 2012

Visual layout of Bruce Lee's official website- Ah! :D

After learning about how visual layout of websites catch people's attention in class, I have decided to show you my idol's official website - the official Bruce Lee site.


When I opened the website, I thought it's centre-margin layout because I could only view this in my computer. The first thing that caught my attention was Bruce Lee's face and the quote he said.











However, I noticed that the pictures are not complete so I scrolled down and found the first page is actually like this below.



Now the website looks like it has a bottom top layout. I realized that the six components below Bruce Lee's head, are as the same as the six hypertext on the top of the web page. I guess one of the most important reason is that, visuals catch people's attention better than texts do.


When you click into "Legacy" page, you will be directed to this page, the biography.


As you can see from the screen cap, at the top of the page there are all the hyperlinks of other sections so readers can easily browse around. Below them, there are "the legacy", "the symbols", "Jeet Kune Do" etc. they are all related to Bruce Lee's life. The topics are arranged from "big" to "small" and "more related" to "less related" and also in a chronological order. First it is all about Bruce Lee, then his martial arts theories and later about his life as a father with a son, Brandon Lee then a daughter, Shannon Lee.

I am very impressed by the design of this website not only because of the hyperlinks, but also mix and match of the colours and the pictures.

For my own blog, I have added hyperlinks that show my classmates' blogs. I also moved the bar from right to left because people tend to look at the left hand side of a web page for navigation. But my blog is not as attractive as Bruce Lee's one, and it can never be, because of my poor computer skills. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment